Kids On Keys – Group Keyboard Classes
We offer super fun, small group keyboard classes in two levels for children aged 6 – 10 years old. Young children love the fun, progressive approach of the Encore on Keys series. They meet their instrument right from the start, sing along with the music, participate in storytelling and games, and engage with the music through gestures, actions and movement activities.
The key elements of the program are:
- Songs – for musical enjoyment, expression and foundation music activities.
- Finger zips – small pieces that develop keyboard skills on a micro level.
- Repertoire pieces – solo performance pieces.
- Ensembles – to develop part-playing skills, group interaction and team playing.
- Flash cards – a proven way to reinforce concepts and develop reading skills.
- CDs and MIDI files -these provide an aural model and excite the student’s imagination.
Program materials include a Workbook and CD’s (these are included in the monthly fees)